Rosie’s Choc-Raspberry Pastry Bites
This week I’m sharing one of my own recipes. We make this at home sometimes as a quick and easy dessert when we are craving something sweet and delicious. All you need is four basic ingredients that you probably have in the fridge already…
Frozen puff pastry
Chocolate (either choc chips or small pieces of chocolate)
1. Take out a sheet of puff pastry from the freezer and let it thaw slightly.
2. Cut the sheet into 9 even squares (3 x 3)
3. Place a teaspoon of cream cheese, one frozen raspberry and a couple of choc chips in the centre of each square.
4. Pinch all the edges together to make a nice neat and fully sealed ‘parcel’.
5. To make them extra brown and crispy, you can lightly brush them with egg wash or milk before you put them in the oven.
6. Bake at 180 degrees for 5-10 mins or until pastry is golden brown and puffy.
Rosie’s Tip of the Day – Egg wash is just a lightly beaten egg (you can beat it alone or with a little bit of milk) that you brush onto pastry with a pastry brush before baking to help give it a really nice golden colour as it cooks.