Oliver’s Chocolate Chip Blondies
1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs, lightly beaten, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla just until blended.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to brown sugar mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13×9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 180° until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, 18-20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Rosie’s Tip of the Day: If you haven’t heard of a ‘blondie’ before, I would describe it as kinda like a brownie but instead of using cocoa you use vanilla.
Ingredients for 6 servings 2 large yellow onions, roughly chopped ⅓ cup vegetable oil (80 mL), plus 2 tablespoons, divided…View recipe