Ada’s Apple Crumble
This week we tried Ada from Melbourne’s apple crumble. We made it to have for dessert after putting up our Christmas tree. Ava suggested to use whatever spices you like to flavour the crumble, so we used cinnamon and nutmeg and it definitely got us in the Christmas spirit!
3 – 5 granny smith apples, peeled, sliced (although pink ladies work too)
Some spices (You can do any amount you can do any spices – just what you want)
Melted butter, for greasing
3/4 cup plain flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
100g unsalted butter, chopped into small cubes
1/3 cup of almonds chopped
Lemon juice (You get to choose the amount depending on how much you want
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. Lightly brush a six cup ovenproof dish with the butter
3. Mix together the plain flour and brown sugar in a bowl. Using your fingertips rub in the butter until it forms into bread crumbs. It might take a while. Toss in the almonds and mix until combined.
4. Place the apples in your dish and drizzle some lemon juice over it. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs mix over the top.
5. Put it in the oven for 30 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden and apples are soft