Aarav’s ‘Whatever floats your boat’ Brownies
1.5 cup butter, melted
1.5 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1.5 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
Whatever floats your boat additions
1-2 cup of chocolate chips (semisweet, white, butterscotch, peanut butter)
1-2 cup raisins
1-2 cup maraschino cherries
1-2 cup chopped nuts
1-2 cup m&ms
1-2 cup Reece’s pieces
1-2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- Grease an 8 inch square pan or line with foil.
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter and cocoa and stir until cocoa is dissolved.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time and stir until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla, flour and salt until you no longer see any flour (do not overmix).
- Fold in “WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT”!
- Spread in pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- DO NOT OVER-BAKE — your brownies will come out dry. Adjust time/temp accordingly for your oven. If you do the knife/toothpick test, it should come out with moist crumbs, not clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- For vegetarian omit the marshmallows.
- For double recipe, bake in 9×12 pan and add 5 minutes to baking time.